Thursday, July 11, 2013

Ultrasound update

My regular doctor's appt yesterday went well.  My blood pressure is normal and I've gained 10lbs in total since my first appt.  The baby's heart rate was in the 140s and strong and I'm measuring right on track.

Today I went in for my ultrasound to check the placenta location.  The last time they determined that the placenta was touching the cervix.  Fortunately, it has moved and is no longer a problem.  The tech confirmed it was a girl and let me see girl parts (for all of 2 seconds) and said she looks good.  She is still measuring ahead and is over 2lbs at this point.

The only cause for concern is the doctor found two signs that I may develop pre-E eventually.  One had to do with the placenta which I didn't catch what she called it and the other is that I'm already have swelling in both ankles and feet this early.  I have to go back in two weeks for them to check up on this and see if it is cause for concern.

And.... they still have crappy ultrasound pic taking skills.



3 comments:

  1. But so exciting. A little girl!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The first image is so sweet, she totally has her hand under her nose! Glad to hear that so far your pregnancy is going really smoothly!

    ReplyDelete