Monday, July 8, 2013

27 Weeks

Wow, I didn't realize it had been so long since I've rambled away on this blog.  For the record, not a whole lot is going on.  I think I'm having a pretty boring and normal pregnancy.  Which is good but also means there isn't a whole lot to talk about.  She started moving quite a bit more which is cool in one way but as a girl that has watched a lot of horror movies... well, let's just say that there is a definite creep factor there that I'm trying to suppress.  She's also a night owl.  During the day she is mostly still, but at night when I lay down... it is gymnastics time.  Unforunately, there have been several days when she has been so quiet that I've been on the verge of panic because I haven't felt her move in so long.  Fortunately, she usually moves right when I get to the point of calling my doctor and begging for a quick check.

I did have my glucose test a couple of weeks ago and passed that and the iron test.  They surprised me with the test.  No mention of it was made until I was there and they were handing me the orange colored stuff and telling me to drink it.  I worried about the results since I had a lot of sugary food and drinks that day.  It was a co-workers birthday so I had a large slice of chocolate cake in the early afternoon and then had a hot chocolate and yogurt right before my appointment.  Fortunately though, I passed both tests.  Yayy!!!  No need for iron supplements or having to go back for the three hour test.

I have my follow up ultrasound this week to find out if the placenta is where it should be or if it is going to require a c-section.  Other than that, things seem to be going along slowly but surely.  Each day seems to be passing pretty slowly but then I look back and I'm surprised by how much time has gone by and how little time is left.  I'm down to 89 days left already?  Wow.. I'm so not ready yet.  My aunt has gotten the crib and dresser for me so that is one worry down.  My cousin over bought for his own kid so I will have a stroller and car seat.  Now I just have to worry about the little stuff.  And doing the nursery.... which I haven't even started on.  Crap.  89 days.  I need to get on that. 

Marielle

2 comments:

  1. I am happy to hear that everything seems to be going so well. My baby never did get a nursery - but then she still sleeps in my bed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boring pregnancies are good! Congrats on passing the glucose test!

    ReplyDelete