Thursday, March 28, 2013

First Tri appt done

Well, I had my first trimester screen today.  It went pretty well.  The doc said the baby is right on track for being 12 wks 5 days and has a heartbeat of 153.  The scan showed 1.5 for the measurement and he said anything over 3.0 is a concern.  I did ask if they would look for the gender.  The tech who started the ultrasound said it was too early but would check, unfortunately the doc came in before she could and he just said it was too early and didn't bother checking. 

I've decided the baby's nickname while in utero will be Ripley.  Why, you ask?  Well, because the entire scan I spent seeing skeletor or an alien.  There were a couple of screen shots that I was convinced a second jaw was going to pop out.  (And yes, I'm aware that the ultrasound makes the baby look more alienish than it really is and the extended jaw wasn't nearly as extended as it looked.)  I also had to keep from asking the doc how long my baby would look like skeletor.  They didn't really look like the joking type.  Anyway, on way back to work Ripley got stuck in my head (because there is no way I'm going to go around calling my baby skeletor to other people) but I do promise not to actually name my kid Ripley.  Maybe.  So I might have a small obsession with the Alien series...  and a small, like tiny, very tiny case of hero worship for Ripley.  She's totally badass.  Anyway......

Ripley it is for now. 

Ripley didn't seem to really enjoy the ultrasound too much.  It very much looked like he was trying to get away from it.  Here is one of the pics I was given to take with me with Ripley looking very skeletorish.  I also swear that during the ultrasound it looked like they got a decent look at between the legs.  I would swear I thought I saw boy parts...unforunately this will not be confirmed or debunked until May 9th.

9 comments:

  1. I'm glad things are progressing well with you and Ripley. It's exciting that you are heading into the second trimester, yay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for a good 12 week report! Now comes my favorite part - the middle part! Glad everything is going right on track.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pleased everything was good at the scan - 12 weeks is a huge milestone. Welcome to the second trimester

    I am predicting girl, based on the heart rate...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I keep telling everyone I think it is a boy which means it has to be a girl just to spite me. lol... And no matter how much I keep calling him a boy, I keep picking out girl things. Oh well... 6 more weeks before I know for sure.

      Delete
  4. What a beautiful baby! Can't wait until May 9th to know for sure if Ripley is a boy or a girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My daughter was rarely cooperative with ultrasounds and neither liked and cooperated with fetal monitoring.

    I learned my son was a boy at about 12 weeks, so you might have seen what you thought you did. I will also be looking forward to the official reveal. I am sure that will be a long six weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. All babies have a "nub" at 12 weeks but the angle of the nub could have been an early prediction for you. My current pregnancy had a very fast heartbeat for many weeks but slowed to a typical boy HB around 140 into the second trimester. Glad this part went well.

    ReplyDelete