Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Still moving along... slowly...

I don't have a whole lot to report.  Things are quiet around here other than the random things that are breaking down and costing money to repair or replace.   The a/c broke down so had to have someone come out and look at it.  They charged me $170 to tighten a loose wire.  Yep, that's right.  My a/c stopped working because it had a loose wire and to fix it they charged that much when they were at my house for about 20 mins.  I am so in the wrong business. 

Ugh.. then to just screw with me, my home owners insurance doubled for no apparent reason causing my escrow to go up $80 a month.  Seriously!!  Grr....  I've changed insurance companies, although the new one isn't as cheap as the old one before the ridiculous hike but it is cheaper than the current price.  I'll shop around more later on when I have the time and am not so hormonal that I keep crying on the phone with them.  I really could do without the crying at the drop of a hat.  It's very annoying.   I want to stop now please. 

Had my second prenatal appt yesterday.  The appt was maybe 10 minutes.  I had to wait a little longer than usual because my doc had an emergency c/s and was running late so I saw the other doc there.  She's nice.  She used the doppler but couldn't find a heartbeat so had me go for a quick ultrasound.  Ripley was fine and moving around and had a heartbeat of 150.  I didn't get any pics though.  I don't think they could have gotten a good one anyway.  Ripley was really moving around and she was barely even able to get the heartrate measured because of all the movement.

I'm so glad I decided not to get a home doppler.  I seriously thought about getting one.  Even went so far as to load it into a shopping cart but at the time I hadn't even gone for my first appt and was positive that I would get bad news so didn't want to waste my money on it.  By the time I realized I was being pessimistic for no reason, I had heard too many other big women had trouble getting a heartbeat with one so decided to not get one.  I'm now very glad I didn't get one.  Can you imagine the constant state of paranoia and fear I would be in not being able to get the heartbeat?  Yeah, not exactly something I want to be doing.

I need to start wearing nose plugs as well.  The world is a very stinky place.  Or maybe it is just people.  The really sad and bad part is that my bo or breath can make me nausesous, not just random other people.  And it isn't like I stink.  I shower daily, brush my teeth multiple times a day and I generally don't work up a sweat sitting at a desk all day but apparently at seemly random times I will think I stink or that I haven't brushed my teeth fast enough and have bad breath and then suddenly I am fighting the strong urge to gag.  Really?  I get finding other people's body odor nauseating.  But why oh why would I make my own self sick?  This is just not right.

My anatomy scan isn't until 21wk5d.  I live in a very large city with places that do ultrasounds like the 3.D/4.D and they also advertise doing optional gender scans.  I'm trying to decide if I want to do that before my appt so I don't have to wait so long.  Is waiting a few weeks for my actual appt and saving a few bucks the way to go or should I shell out the money and find out sooner???  Decisions... decisions...

And so this post isn't all about the whining and moaning...  My aunt is planning on providing the baby bed and my co worker is providing the mattress.  One less expense to worry about.  Yayy! 

For not having much to report I sure rambled on for a long time.  Will return to my hidey hole now.
Marielle

3 comments:

  1. So glad to hear all is going well - or at least uneventful! I hope the annoying 1st tri symptoms pass soon. The first trimester sucks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm happy to read the good news. Soon your sense of smell will not be as heightened.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear that baby is doing well! Congratulations on this exciting time!

    ReplyDelete