Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Food... wonderful food...

Every time PMS rolled around I would get the munchies for bad-for-you-comfort-carbs.  I could always tell when my cycle was due to show up because exactly a week before I would start craving breads and sweets and various other fatty and unhealthy dishes.  (Chips and dip, one of my favorite pre-pms meals.)  Part of why I didn't suspect pregnancy is because I started craving that bad for you stuff right on time. 

Up until yesterday, the last two weeks have been utter food bliss.  Anything I ate tasted heavenly and passing by a restaurant is enough to have me salivating at the delicious smells.   It didn't matter what I ate unless it was healthy and then that was just okay but anything else tasted like ambrosia.  For example, I'm not a big soup person.  I do love La Ma.dele.ine's tomato basil soup but I only have it a couple of times a year.  I actually hate buying soup at the grocery store because most of them seem to be oily and just taste weird.   For some reason, Cr.eam of Mus.hroom soup with roasted garlic has become to die for in the last couple of weeks.  This is soup that a month ago, I probably wouldn't have touched unless I was sick or just too lazy to fix something better.  Now I want it almost constantly.  Last night, I was out of this super tasty soup so decided on what I thought was similar enough to satisfy.  Bad, bad choice.  It was another mushroom soup but the first bite literally made me gag.  I tried to eat a few more bites but ended up making myself nauseous.  Ugh!

My scale has gone up in proportion to all that fatty, unhealthy goodness I've been eating.  Hopefully, I can convince myself to start eating a little healthier and eat less of the fattening stuff.  I'm already fat enough.  I don't want to gain more than what's necessary for the baby. 

I'm just waiting for that lovely morning sickness to kick in.  I'm sure it will be any day now.  I've been feeling slightly queasy off and on so I'm sure I'll be sick as a dog soon.  Something to look forward to, I guess.

Marielle

Edited at add:  I do eat some healthy food during the day.  Most mornings I have a fruit smoothie and then a large salad for lunch.  This morning I didn't have my smoothie but that was because I overslept so picked up breakfast on the way to work.  I got a coffee but I made it half decaf.  I needed some caffeine because since Sunday I've been exhausted practically all day.  (I take that back, I've had problems with fatigue since before I knew I was pregnant.  I had st.arbuc.ks a couple days before I tested because I was so exhausted I couldn't function and I wanted coffee several other days but I've been trying not to drink too much coffee so didn't have any those days.)  I have too much that needs to be done today so can't snooze or slack off.  I'm not going to have coffee too often.  I just needed that pick me up this morning.  I plan on being good the rest of the day.  ;)

1 comment:

  1. You may be one of the lucky ones and never have much in the way of morning sickness. I had some nausea, but it wasn't bad at all.

    As for food, the cravings can be downright weird! For my entire pregnancy I've craved tofu pad thai. So maybe mushroom garlic soup will just be your thing. :)

    ReplyDelete