Sunday, February 3, 2013

Feeling slightly stupid..

Remember way back when I started this..(OMG has it really been 2 years???)   Anyway, back when I first started I did tons of research.  I watched what I ate and drank.  Made sure I didn't take anything that could harm a developing baby and even had my midwife all picked out and my insurance figured out.  Fast forward through the months and I stopped being so careful.  I eventually got to the point where I didn't expect it to happen at all and started avoiding most baby related topics.

So I rambled about all that to lead into this.  My main complaint so far is that I've been cramping like I'm about to start.  Every single day, off and on all day.  I've been completely miserable and to the point of bitchy and moody because of  it.  Today I decided to look up all that research that I've forgotten.  Guess what was at the top of my list of don'ts that I've been doing?  Raspberry leaf causes uterine contractions.  Guess what teas I've been drinking?  Yep, I've been inhaling multiple cups of two different teas that have raspberry leaf as one of the ingredients.   Guess what happened when I stopped drinking it.... yep, I've been cramp free today since I haven't had any of that tea since yesterday.

Why is it that when I was obsessed about doing everything correctly, nothing happened?  This month, I had no hope of anything happening.  I was even planning on calling it quits for awhile.  I drank coffee, ate tons of junk food, drank plenty of raspberry tea, took ad.vil at the first sign of cramps, and used my heating pad every night to help with the cramping.

I wonder how much I will obsess about how much harm I might have done to my baby by my bad habits.

Marielle

3 comments:

  1. Hopefully you have done nothing at all...remember, people who aren't actively trying to get pregnant, do all the time and aren't aware of all the things they are doing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sure you have done nothing to harm your baby - interesting that once you relaxed and stopped worrying you got pregnant though. re the raspberry leaf, it depends which research you read, if you keep looking you will find people recommending it throughout pregnancy.

    Pleased the cramps have stopped though - and I really hope you enjoy your pregnancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree you really couldn't have done anything at this point. Usually it is long term use and as far as Advil well you really have tobe more careful in the second and third trimester. Congratulations on your BFP!

    ReplyDelete