Saturday, February 2, 2013

Still in shock!

So I'm still in shock.  All this week I've been feeling like my period would start any second now.  I've been so bloated I felt like the goodyear blimp.  Ugh! 

Anyway, yesterday I was 7 days late for my period.  I kept thinking I should get a test everyday this week but everytime the thought would cross my mind, I would start feeling as if I was starting right that second so kept putting it off.  Anyway yesterday evening I didn't want to spend money on a test that was obviously going to be negative so I pulled out one of my Ovulation tests and used it.  To my surprise the test line came up right away and was much, much darker than the control line.  Suddenly, it was possible that it wasn't going to be a negative.

I couldn't wait until today so I ran to Wal.ma.rt at 8pm last night and got a double pack of Answer tests... and immediately used one even though I know it would have been better to wait until morning.  The positive came up right away.  I was in shock.  Didn't know whether to laugh or cry.  My hands were shaking while I was trying to take a picture of test.  Still having trouble believing.. but now I'm worrying about if it's going to stick around. 

I think I'm going to have to get out of the house for awhile to distract myself.

OMGOMGOMG!   After over a year of trying I finally got my positive.  Off to cry and freak out some more.

Marielle

P.S. My laptop keyboard is completely screwed up so my spelling and spacing might be messed up due to keyboard issues.

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations! So happy and excited for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, Marielle! So, so exciting! Interesting about the feeling like you were going to get your period all week. Guess that really is a sign! I look forward to hearing more - are you seeing the doc soon?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well,I plan on spending Monday and figuring out if the midwife I originally planned is covered by my new insurance and available. If not, I'll have to figure out who I want to go to. That is Monday's assignment. I had pretty much gotten to the point where I thought I wasn't going to get pregnant so had "lost" all the research I had done into local doctors and midwives. Now I have to work on finding it all again.

      And yes, cramps that feel like I'm about to start have been going on for the last two weeks ago. I've run to the bathroom numerous times today (and the last two weeks) thinking I would see blood because of those cramps. Seriously, I totally get why women panic thinking they're miscarrying because these cramps can be pretty horrid.

      I really hope they go away soon. Ugh!

      And thanks everyone for the well wishes!

      Marielle

      Delete
  3. Fabulous news. I found that about after week 5 - suddenly everything gets used to feeling different! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete