Monday, August 20, 2012

Nothing to report here...

Well, another 2ww begins.  Not much has been happening over here.  Last cycle I did not obsess.  Not at all.  The only thing I did was do the bbt and that was it.  I didn't read baby or ttc blogs.  I didn't obsess over any real or imaginary symptoms.  I just completely ignored it all.  As you can tell, last month was a bust on the baby making scale but I did get more comfortable taking my temp and recording it.... which led to the discovery that I apparently do not know how to read opk's accurately or they just don't work right for me.  I got a positive opk the day *after* I ovulated according to my temp chart.  *shrugs*  Don't know if that was just for this last cycle or if it was for every cycle.  I did buy a different brand of opk's this last time so maybe it was just the brand.  Don't know.  So a new 2ww is beginning.  We'll see how this one goes.

In other news, my eating healthier is still going well.  I've lost somewhere around 23 lbs since the beginning of July.  I'm sure most of that was just getting rid of all the water retention from my used to be high salt and sodium diet.  I haven't had a cup of coffee since the beginning of July either.  I'm feeling good and still sticking with the diet change (this is the longest I've ever stuck to a healthier diet) which is encouraging.  I've also noticed that while I still crave my favorite junk foods, they no longer taste as good and I don't have as much of a problem ignoring them as I thought I would.  I love my local organic co-op as well.  It helps me keep eating healthier since I don't want to waste it.

Well... nothing else to ramble on about right now.  Hopefully, this 2ww won't be a bust.

Marielle

6 comments:

  1. Baby Dust to you, Marielle! Your health changes sound awesome. I know what you mean about cravings - in general, I don't crave sugar in things like I used to; it tastes too sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wishing you sticky baby dust. Congratulations on the weight loss and just sticking to your choices. Keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sending positive good luck thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you are doing well. It might not be your OPKs that are off, but rather your temps. When I was ttc, charting my temps never did any good, there was never an obvious pattern to my peaks. Then again, my "normal" temperature also runs lower than the average by two degrees too.

    ReplyDelete