Saturday, June 30, 2012

Drama Queen, that's me!

So, wow, all that stress and near panic attacks on what my new possible KD would want... completely unnecessary.  I misread the situation (or more accurately, the way he worded it made him sound like he wanted more than he actually does).  He really just wants to be the sperm donor with an occasional visit.  The agreement we've come up with gives me full legal and financial responsibility and only requests that I allow him to see the kid a couple of times a year.  No joint custody with the kid spending weekends or summers with dad.  No need to panic about my baby having to be away from me overnight.  He's actually a little terrified of babies and will only agree to babysitting a couple of hours at a time every few months in the early years.

I was practically shaking with relief when I realized that I didn't have any reason to be stressed.  He's a nice guy and we seemed to get along pretty well (at least I didn't sense any issues).  He's gay so I don't have to worry about him hitting on me like the last possible donor did.  I didn't get weird-ed out by him and so far haven't caught anything hinky either.  My fingers are crossed that this is the one and nothing crazy happens.  He's got a good sperm count which is a definite plus and also works very close to where I work so we'll have less scheduling issues than I had with my donor from last year and doesn't live so far away as the last one who was about an hours drive to get to.

Overall I am very optimistic and can't wait for my next cycle to get here so we can start.  Only 23-25 days to go.  Grr...   so long to wait.

Marielle

P.S.  Edited to add.  How does any one deal with taking their temps first thing in the morning?  No, seriously, how?  I've used OPK's in the past and will continue in the future but have never used the temp charting because I know that I'm hard to wake up in the morning and will probably forget.  I talked myself into going ahead and trying.  I dreamed this morning that I took my temp no less than five times.  I really thought I had done it when I woke up but realized that I hadn't after I had already gotten out of bed.  It's a good thing I have a little over a week of practice before CD1.  Maybe by then I will have figured out how to actually take my temp instead of dreaming I did it.

3 comments:

  1. So pleased for you. It sounds like you have it sorted. Now you just have to get pregnant! Good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm only temping as an indicator that I ovulated close to when my OPK said I would. It's a useless PREDICTOR but reassures me that I actually ovulated. I set the alarm on my cell phone for 5am every morning, when I normally get up for work. On my days off I have the thermometer next to my pillow, stick it in my mouth, and go right back to sleep. Then I use the recall button when I wake up. If you aren't good at falling back to sleep, though, this may suck and it might be better just to do it whenever you wake up, even if its at slightly different times!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to hear about the KD!

    I can relate to the dream where you are sure you've done something only to discover that not..

    ReplyDelete